Senior HR Generalist
Branch/Location Code :SEC:Los Angeles (35520)
Location :Los Angeles CA US 90010
Division :ABM Security
Type :Full Time Regular
Career Level :Experienced (Non:manager
Education :Bachelors Degree
Shift/Hours :First Shift (Day)
of Travel Required :0:20
Offer Relocation :No
Job Description :
Senior HR Generalist
In this challenging role the Senior HR Generalist will be responsible for implementation, active participation and completion of the departments HR functions/projects. In this role the Senior HR Generalist assesses and anticipates HR:related needs and communicates needs proactively with our HR department and business management. Additionally, this role is responsible for accurate record keeping, documentation, compliance, and interpretation of Human Resources policies, and regulations. This individual must be a highly motivated self:starter with the ability to develop partnerships across the business and HR function to deliver value added service to management and employees.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Consult with Operations management providing HR guidance when appropriate.
* Conducts timely, effective, thorough, and objective investigations to resolve moderate to complex employee
relations issues and provide recommendations in line with Company policy, Federal and State rules, and regulations.
* Assures that the Business is in complete compliance with all Company, Federal, and State policies/procedures.
* Handle all leaves of absence, this is to include but in not limited to, USERRA, FMLA, Personal, etc. Timely administration of documents, forms, doctors notes, and communicating with our benefits team regarding employee leaves. Making sure that the employee status has been updated through Work Flow and into the HRIS system to reflect proper leave status.
* Responsible for all labor relations with the SEIU, including handling grievances, arbitration, negotiations, etc.
* Maintain effective communication with the HR Management regarding the fulfillment of goals and objectives.
* Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
* Active in the facilitation and delivering of HR Training programs to both management and employee audiences across the greater Los Angeles area.
* Responsible for the administration of the recruitment program from job posting, interviews, job fairs, pre:employment screens, applicant tracking and new hire on:boarding.
* Attend operational staff meetings for current recruitment activities, workforce planning needs and establishing recruitment plans.
* Review laboratory results of drug and background screens.
* Develop new recruiting sources throughout the metropolitan area in accordance with the Affirmative Action Plan.
* Answers incoming calls from job seekers, interviewees, new hires, current and past employees regarding HR topics.
* Oversee the administration of all unemployment c