Pharmaceutical Specialty Sales Rep Musculoskeletal Los Angeles N CA- Fixed Duration Employee
- Los Angeles
Years of Experience
Functional Area: Sales - Lilly
Lilly USA, LLC has been dedicated to meeting the health care needs of people in the United States and around the world. We address these needs primarily by developing innovative medicines-investing a higher percentage of our sales in research and development than any other major pharmaceutical company. If you are interested in being considered for employment with a "Best in Class" Pharmaceutical company, please review the following opportunity:
Pharmaceutical Specialty Sales Representative Musculoskeletal Los Angeles N CA- Fixed Duration Employee
Musculoskeletal Osteo specialists will be responsible for all aspects of growing, managing, developing and representing the musculoskeletal business franchise in their respective territory. This includes overseeing and serving as a teammate, as well as coordinator and therapeutic expert for their territory business. Primary responsibility will be for the sales growth of Forteo and Evista in targeted offices, however, the Musculoskeletal Osteo specialist will also have responsibility for building relationship networks among these specialties and any other community
health care providers who deal with musculoskeletal-related outcomes such as academic centers, DXA and Bone Health and/or Research Centers, Home Health Agencies, hospitals, Specialty Pharmacies, teaching institutions, Women's Health Centers and other non-traditional customers including orthopedic surgeons and physiatrists. The Musculoskeletal specialist will be required to be an expert on all aspects of the musculoskeletal disease state, including diagnostics, treatment, and reimbursement, and should be seen as a partner within the medical community.
* Strive to consistently achieve quarter-over-quarter sales growth across the promoted portfolio in the territory, which results in exceeding sales expectations.
* Superbly manage territory as it relates to box implementation - targeting, message, frequency and programs.
* Effectively sell entire musculoskeletal portfolio utilizing Account Based Selling to achieve goals through building relationships and meeting needs with all members of an account.
* Effectively sell multiple products on each sales call. Conduct analysis on musculoskeletal portfolio and market trends, and develop and implement territory business plans.
* Partner with customers to provide resources and meet their needs for disease-state information, diagnostic and patient identification resources, and product-specific needs. Assist and coordinate HCPs and patients through drug initiation process, device training, reimbursement, and follow-up where applicable.
* Ensure product availability by assisting in the development of reimbursement and patient start-up/training processes as appropriate.
* Identify and develop influential business relationships with the focus on anticipating and exceeding needs, with key customers/influencers/prescribers, speakers, thought and opinion leaders, state and local advocacy groups, teaching institutions, and managed care personnel/organizations when appropriate.
* Focus on developing or building key resource and referral networks to enhance the standard of care for musculoskeletal patients within the territory.
Disease State Knowledge:
* Develop deep knowledge of musculoskeletal industry/research, local and regional market trends, disease-state, product and competitor knowledge. Aggressively pursue ongoing medical development within and outside of formal Lilly training by reading industry/technical literature (e.g. articles, journals, newsletters) and attending medical conferences when possible. Share learning effectively with teammates to serve as a learning resource within the Geo-managed team. Earn reputation throughout the musculoskeletal community as a subject-matter expert and a valued resource.
Leadership and Teamwork:
* Serve as a resource, coordinator, mentor and coach to all primary care musculoskeletal partners and assist District Manager as necessary with district meetings, training and development initiatives, implementation of marketing initiatives, and scientific knowledge base of overlapping partners.
* Implement a synergistic team approach and leadership style to optimize partnerships with all overlapping musculoskeletal representatives, including program associates.
* EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree
* Completion of the Pre-Employment Screen**
* Professional Certification or License if required by a specific state
* EXPERIENCE: Plus any ONE of the following:
* MBA/Masters Degree
* 2 or more years of sales experience (pharma or non-pharma) since undergraduate degree was obtained
* 3 or more years of relevant work experience since undergraduate degree was obtained
* SPONSORSHIP: Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
* Leadership skills
* Persuasive selling skills; adept at Account Based Selling
* Interpersonal and communication skills; ability to coordinate with overlapping partners and build a synergistic team approach in the territory
* Influence teammates toward common goals
* Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with key customers and build networks within the musculoskeletal community
* Anticipates future business opportunities, customer needs
* Ability to influence physicians on the use of injectable products
* Ability to comprehend and utilize technical information and