Req ID 51210BR
Business Title Mgr, engineering
Location of Position Los Angeles, CA
This position is responsible for managing process engineering activities related to the Los Angeles Master Plan (LAMP). Lead scope definition /clarification exercises to properly and completely characterize project requirements. Position responsible for project:related functions including design, specifications, budgeting, scheduling, construction management, start up and commissioning. Project scope requires an in depth knowledge of biologics and/or pharmaceutical construction requirements related to process equipment, HVAC, purified water systems (RO, WFI), computer
/automation, and general working GMP knowledge of biopharmaceutical manufacturing facilities and all major utilities. Experience with plasma purification is strongly desired. Knowledge of cleanroom design and facilities preferred.
Provide guidance, review and direction as necessary to create relevant and functional Life Cycle and other documentation in accordance with cGMPs, Baxter and BioScience Quality Systems standards for commissioning and validation of systems. Provide guidance and direction to contractors and Baxter staff so as to meet projects schedule and financial goals while ensuring technical success.
* Review and approve the Process Design Drawings and Documents, Process Equipment Procurement Packages, and Compliance Documents including user requirements and functional specifications.
* Provide or lead efforts to ensure Process submittals are reviewed and approved for technical content in accordance with project schedule requirements
* Provide leadership to assess and provide guidance and risk assessments regarding requirements for redundancies to equipment, controls and systems.
* Communicate/coordinate with LA engineering and other departments to ensure successful transfer/integration of design, documents and design intent to the plant.
* Select, develop and retain team. Define and communicate criteria by which team and individual success will be measured. Provide constructive feedback and recognition. Successfully coach, mentor and motivate others for outstanding performance, including areas such as innovation, experimental design, and publications.
* Provide leadership to team members, guiding them in terms of prioritization, problem resolution, process clarification, referrals to appropriate experts, etc.
* Develop effective project milestones, schedules and manage budgets, including capital. Employ project management tools to manage to those project schedules and budgets against milestones; review and apply best:demonstrated practices, team processes, and improve operational efficiency. Identify and resolve issues that may jeopardize project schedules or improve project time.
* Proactively prioritize and balance utilization of resources allocated to project; identi