Brand Strategist (Media Planner)
2010 Media Agency of the Year : Adage and AdWeek
Horizon Media, Inc., headquartered in new york
City, is the largest independent media services
company in the world. We are currentlylooking to hire twoBrand Strategists (Media Planners)to work on MobileBroadband business in ourLos Angelesoffice.This isan integrated roleencompassing aspects of account management and media planning. This position reports to a Brand Strategy Supervisor and will co:manage day to day activities of an Assistant Brand Strategist.
As part of our Brand Strategy Department you willbe performing various job responsibilities including, but not limited to:
* Develop and present sound, strategic local media plans based on client marketing direction
* Manage the flow of client media:related issues based on changes in marketing direction, goals and budgets
* Develop solid understanding of clients local markets
* Manage the media process from initial strategy development thru execution stewardship to final campaign analysis
* Stay current with evolving media trends and provide recommendations
* Maintain strong knowledge of client category and competitive activity
* Experience using syndicated research (MRI, Simmons, Arbitron, Nielsen, Scarborough)
* Work with the team on brand marketing protocol (strategies, SWOT analysis, competitive activity, etc)
* Maintain day:to:day client/agency communications; Attend all relevant client/vendor/ and internal meetings
* Manage cost requests to Buying Groups
* Maintain strong media vendor relationships
* Experienced in running reach/frequencies
* Negotiate and steward media sponsorship contracts outside of broadcast
* Strong communication and math skills required as well as good writing and presenting skills.
* Candidates must be highly organized and responsive and have the ability to multitask.
* Successful at working in a fast paced team environment.
* Previous media planning experience is required (minimum 2 yrs and must have independently developed own media plans)
* Previous account management experience is preferred
* Previous planning experience in Direct Response a plus
* Category experience a plus
Los Angeles, CA, US.